Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Memory Verse Challenge: Week 29

Admittedly this week's verse isn't the easiest verse to memorize.  The choppiness of it can be a little challenging.  However, that shouldn't stop us.  There's a powerful life lesson packed into these few words.  If memorizing them helps remind us what our thoughts should rest on, then memorize away!

The things we set our minds on determine our attitude.  Our attitude then affects the strength and power of our faith.  This in turn affects our level of peace and joy.  In fact, the following verse (9) says that if we put this into practice, the God of peace will be with us. 

I, for one, know the truth.  It's very hard to be hopeful, peaceful, trusting, etc. when I'm focused on all the things around me that are going wrong.  There's plenty around me that's going right.  When I focus on those - my outlook changes immensely.  Calmness fills my soul and joy creeps in. 

How we want to live our lives (half empty or being filled up) will help us decide what to focus our thoughts on.

See more about the Memory Verse Challenge here.
See the complete list of Challenge verses here.

No comments: