Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Memory Verse Challenge: Week 27

This week's verse can be a little tough to take.  For one thing - it's extremely hard (at least for me) to be joyful "always".  Life has a way of getting me worked up.  The second and third parts of the verse (praying and giving thanks) are two key ways of keeping my emotions in check.

When my prayer life with God is going well my spirit is much calmer.  For me, connecting with God is like plugging into a "calm machine".  And focusing on thanking God IN (not necessarily FOR) all circumstances puts life in perspective.  Our hardships seem bearable when seen in the light of God's control and supervision.

Praying continually and giving thanks are God's will for us.  When we do His will His peace rests in us and joy fills our soul. 

See more about the Memory Verse Challenge here.
See the complete list of Challenge verses here.

No comments: