Sunday, July 27, 2014

Sunday Blogvotional: Building Faith

Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there and it will move.’ Nothing will be impossible for you. Matthew 17:20

It’s relatively easy to have faith for that which we feel is possible but difficult to have strong faith for the seemingly impossible. It’s easy to ask and believe that there will a be good spot to park at the local supermarket when you are in a hurry. But how many of us pray in strong faith for a healing when a loved one is diagnosed with cancer ? If the bank account is empty and the rent is due, can we believe God will provide a way for us to pay it?

I have observed in my own life that it’s pretty easy to have faith for the small things but to believe deep in my heart that God will supply my needs is another matter altogether. My natural eyes are often blind to the power of God.

We’re told that our God is the God of the impossible. He created the universe out of nothing so why couldn’t he supply all of our needs? Many scriptures confirm how important it is to have faith, not just a little faith but great faith. Hebrews 11:6 says, Without faith it impossible to please God. I want my faith to grow and I want to please God.

Encouragement for the week: Begin to ask God to increase your faith. Build on the faith you have and spread out in every direction. Read all the scriptures that deal with faith. You’ll be amazed at how your faith will grow.

Contributed this week by my Mumsy.  Thanks Mom!

No comments: