Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Memory Verse Challenge: Week 28

Good Tuesday to you.  This week's verse is short, sweet and powerful.

It's human nature to make plans and try to live our lives accordingly.  Funny thing is - that in my experience - most of the plans I've made in my life have failed to turn out like I intended.  And, yes, many times I fought God along the way because I "knew" what I wanted.

I've discovered - or more accurately - am still discovering that if I commit first to the Lord then He will establish my plans for me.  Plans that will ultimately change and shape my life for the better.  I'm not here on this earth to live this life for me.  I'm here to live this life for God. 

It goes against human nature to think you could have a happier life serving God than serving yourself.  Maybe that's the difference between having a happy life and a truly meaningful and joyful life.


See more about the Memory Verse Challenge here.
See the complete list of Challenge verses here.

No comments: