Friday, January 21, 2011

Blogvotional, Week 3, Day 5

In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express.
Romans 8:26

I’m generally not at loss for words when I’m praying. Sadly, when I’m alone in my quiet time with God I tend to ramble. I find my hidden inner-extrovert and talk God’s ear off. But there have been plenty of times when I’ve simply been at a loss for words. A situation needs praying for but I don’t know how. I don’t know what to say – or ask. Sometimes I’m afraid to say anything because I’m concerned my wants and desires will get in the way of what God knows is the true need. It’s those times I’m thankful someone much wiser – someone who knows God’s true desire is praying on my behalf. How wonderful to know that the Spirit is interceding on my behalf. I imagine Him changing the course of my prayers midstream by saying: “No, no. That’s not what you need. That’s a huge mistake. I’ll take it from here.” What a blessing to have such divine help!

Encouragement of the Day: Know that the Holy Spirit has your best interest at heart. He will never let you down. He’s always working to get your heart aligned with God’s plan.

Question of the Day: Have you ever felt the answer to your prayers were not what you thought you wanted but instead what you really needed?

To read more or to comment click on http://buildingmyfaith-kg.blogspot.com/

No comments: