Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Memory Verse Challenge: Week 45

This week's verse is one I often use to remind myself that my prayers make a difference.  I hope you will too.  At first glance we might be tempted to think this verse only applies to someone who is "righteous".  Surely that can't be me?  I sin daily (whether I know it or not). 

Thankfully, though, when we accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior He clothes us in His righteousness.  Therefore we become righteous despite all our sins and failures. 

It's because of Jesus that we're cleansed enough to approach God - to bring our prayers to Him personally.  He wants to hear from us.  He wants to hear our praises, our thanks, and our requests.  When we're in trouble He wants us to come to Him - to lay our burdens on His lap.

Our prayers connect us with God like nothing else can.  They ARE powerful and effective.  Let's start treating them like they are. 

See more about the Memory Verse Challenge here.
See the complete list of Challenge verses here.

No comments: