Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Memory Verse Challenge: Week 44

Hi everyone.  I don't know where you are but it is cold where I am.  So how about we get all warmed up in our spirit with our latest verse? 

The verse has become one of my favorites in recent years.  I'm kind of surprised I waited this long to use it in the challenge.  If you've read Romans, then you know the book is chalk full of great verses that speak to the soul.  This verse is one of those little gems that seemed to get lost in all of that greatness.  One day I found it and like I hinted earlier - it gave me a warm fuzzy.

Do you remember reading examples in the Old Testament where a family patriarch bestows a blessing on each of his children?  That's what this verse reminds me of.  It's a promise of a blessing bestowed to us on our heavenly father's behalf.  

The God of hope will FILL us with joy and peace so that we may OVERFLOW with hope. I love those words "fill" and "overflow".  Can you imagine being so full of joy, peace and hope that they bubble up out of you?

All we have to do to receive the blessing is to trust in Him.  Maybe that's why I'm not filled to overflowing yet.  I'm not always the best at trusting Him.  But...I do believe in the promise.  I do believe it's possible.  And one day...I am going to be one amazingly overflowing child of God.


See more about the Memory Verse Challenge here.
See the complete list of Challenge verses here

No comments: