Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Never Again List

How many times do we say things like "I can't" simply because we don't have the strength to believe we don't have to do anything on our own?  How often do we forget that God always meets our needs even when it seems like He doesn't? How many times to we run to the corner and cower out of fear even when we've been told we are stronger than we think?  How often to we think we aren't wise or elegant enough to speak the truth even when we know God will give us the words and the wisdom on when to use them?  There are so many doubts that creep into our thoughts.  We know God's truth.  The trick is applying His truth to our lives for all time. Strengthening our faith and changing our thought patterns take practice (and repetition).  I came across this "Never Again List" and it seems like a really good place to start.

NEVER AGAIN will I confess “I can’t”, for “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” PHIL 4:13
NEVER AGAIN will I confess lack, for “my God shall supply all of my needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.” PHIL 4:19
NEVER AGAIN will confess fear, for “God has not given me the spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.” II TIM 1:7
NEVER AGAIN will I confess doubt and lack of faith, for “God has given to every man the measure of faith.” ROM 12:3
NEVER AGAIN will I confess weakness, for “The Lord is the strength of my life.” PSALM 27:1
NEVER AGAIN will I confess defeat, for “God always leads me to triumph in Christ Jesus.”  II COR 2:14
NEVER AGAIN will I confess lack of wisdom, for “Christ Jesus is made unto me wisdom from God.” I COR 1:30
NEVER AGAIN will I confess worries and frustrations, for I am “casting all my care upon Him who cares for me.” I PETER 5:7
NEVER AGAIN will I confess condemnation, for “There is therefore now no condemnation to them who are in Christ Jesus.” ROM 8:1

(author unknown) 


No comments: