Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Website Supermoms

This morning I was looking at something on the internet which led me to a link to another website.  At first I was intrigued.  I thought, "What a great site". There was so much information.  You've probably seen sites like this.  It was written by a mom who pretended to be just like you and me only she was really a Supermom in disguise.  The more I looked at the site the more I started going into a downward spiral.  I thought how do people like her do this (and by "this" I mean "everything")?  How is it that these people have that much time in their day to clean the house, plan menus, cook all the meals, homeschool four children, write curriculum, have individual time with each kid, and time with the husband, do Bible studies and write a blog all in 24 hours.  I think there's sleep somewhere in there.  Anyway - you get my drift.  I can barely manage a portion of that.  I looked at my husband in disbelief and said "What's wrong with me?"

Yes, I have a problem with comparing myself to "Supers".  I always wonder if there's a secret I'm not seeing.  My husband reiterated to me that I can't compare myself to other people and that people work at different paces.  This didn't actually make me feel better.  The realization is - I'm slow.  That's how I was made.  God didn't make me a high-octane person.  But, ironically, He made me with a desire to do a million things at once and to do them perfectly.  This is incredibly frustrating at my low-octane speed?  How am I suppose to do it all at that speed?

I don't know the answer to that.  But here is my big take-away for the day:  I shouldn't compare myself to the "Supers" of the world.  Instead I should compare myself to couch potatoes!  Then - my accomplishments will seem all the more significant.

In the end I know that God created me to be me.  He has never asked me to do more than I have the ability or the ability through Him to accomplish.  I need to learn to do a few tasks and do them well.  Loving God is the most important task of all.  All the rest is business!

No comments: