Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Memory Verse Challenge: Week 40

This week's verse speaks to me on a couple of different levels.  One) it reiterates the kindness and love God has for us and two) reminds me that I'm saved by His mercy and not the things I've done.

The verse says that God saved us because of His mercy.  This stirs something in me.  It's the realization that I need His mercy.  I make mistakes all the time.  This verse reminds me that despite my deeds (my righteous deeds not being good enough...my unrighteous deeds not being bad enough) He's willing to cover me with His mercy....over and over again.

There's a love there I'm not sure I can fathom.  But I accept it - thankfully.




See more about the Memory Verse Challenge here.
See the complete list of Challenge verses here.

No comments: