Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Memory Verse Challenge: Week 18

Good morning everyone!  I hope you are all having an amazingly blessed day so far.

This week's verse is close to my heart.  It touches on two subjects I struggle with quite a bit in my faith walk.  One is trust and the other is submission.  It's easy to say we trust God but harder to live out that trust when we're faced with roadblocks and difficulties.  When God doesn't handle things the way we think He should our trust in Him can waver.  I'm not sure why it's so easy for us to forget He knows more than us.

As far as submitting goes, well...I've fought God long and hard over my plans and my dreams for many years.  I hope I'm finally understanding that submitting to God means living a more peaceful life.  It's more enjoyable to live on the offense with God than on the defensive without God.


How are you doing on your Memory Verse Challenge?  I hope you're seeing the benefits of planting God's word in your heart.  The other day I came across a situation where one of the verses came to mind. It proved to be a valuable weapon in the midst of a battle.  And that's what this challenge is about...equipping us with weapons to fight and to stand strong in our faith. 

See more about the Memory Verse Challenge here.
See the complete list of Challenge verses here.

No comments: