Thursday, April 19, 2012

Pre-Mother's Day Gift

Yesterday I was having a not-so-good day.  I had a headache that seemed to get worse by the minute.  You know the kind – when your head feels like it’s in a vice and your eyeballs feel like someone is squeezing them.  Needless to say – my productivity level was at a low.  I managed to attend a morning women’s Bible study (which is always a blessing) and get to the store for a few things.  After that – the couch was my perch for the day.  Thinking the air would help me, I walked with my husband to pick up our daughter from school.  Which brings me to the point of my post.  On the way home we stopped in at Grandma and Grandpa’s house to pick up something.  During our short visit, my daughter saw a store advertisement about the upcoming Mother’s Day holiday.  (It’s never to early to shop for moms).  She grabbed a piece of paper and went off to, what I assumed, doodle.  But she was working on something for me.  She wouldn’t let me see and when we got home, she asked me for an envelope.  As she was getting ready for bed, she told me there might be something under my pillow for me.  I asked if she wanted me to look at it now or wait.  (She’s not big on waiting to hand out surprises.)  I found the envelope underneath my pillow and opened it and read the following note:


In the midst of the pain from my throbbing headache came a glimpse of God.  He appeared in the love and sweetness of my daughter.  She not only loves me but she loves God (and flowers).  I am truly blessed by her and that God brought joy to, what I thought, was a "not-so-good" day.

No comments: