Sunday, February 15, 2015

Praying the Focused Life

Praying The Scriptures

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.  You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you." declares the Lord.  Jeremiah 29:11-14

Gracious heavenly Father, I praise your holy name.  You are all-knowing.  You have a plan and gratefully, I am a part of it.  Your love knows no ends.  I know this verse can be misinterpreted to mean we will never have any troubles.  But I know and believe that when we truly seek you your plans for us will flourish.  Yes, we will have troubles in this earthly life but you are more concerned about the safety and well-being of our eternal soul.  With you - no harm will come to our soul.  Our future is bright and our destiny is secured.

Father, help me to be more diligent in seeking you.  Life has a way of distracting me with busyness and laziness.  Help me to focus my eyes and my heart on you.  When the direction of my eyes are set, the path I'm supposed to take will become more clear.  I love that the more we seek you the more you listen to us.  If we're not serious in having a relationship with you, you're not necessarily interested in listening to our empty words.  Help me to have a heart filled with you and a desire to live for you.

The more I am found by you, Father, the more others can find you in me.  May your glory be seen shining through me. Amen!

No comments: