Sunday, February 8, 2015

Praying the Worthy Life

Praying The Scriptures

I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received.  Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.  (Eph. 4:1-6)

Dear heavenly Father, I want nothing more than to live a life worthy of the calling I have received.  A life that's pleasing to you - one that glorifies you and one where I truly live as a conduit passing your blessings on to other people.  I admit - sometimes I find confusion in the specific details of your calling but I pray that the details (or lack thereof) don't prevent me from recognizing the God-glorifying opportunities around me.

I pray that my attitude in service is always what it should be.  Just as there's a danger of me thinking more highly of myself than I should, there's also a danger of me thinking too lowly of myself.  In either case - the possibility of conflict can arise when serving with others.  Help me to keep a humble and gentle spirit and to be patient with others.  Help me to strive to keep the unity of the Spirit alive through the bond of peace.  Help me to focus on the goal.  

Father, I know we have enough battles to face in this world.  We don't need to allow ourselves to be distracted by fighting our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ.  We are family and you are the Father of us all. You are in all - and through all.

May your love and patience abound in us. Amen.

No comments: