Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Memory Verse Challenge: Week 33

Good Tuesday to you all. 

This week's verse is about how we love God.  Seems simple enough, right?  But is it?  Here's the verse...you decide.


I find that I want God to love me this way - with all His heart, with all His soul and with all His strength.  But if I'm honest, I have trouble loving Him this way.  I'm not sure - well I'm pretty sure I don't give Him my ALL.  I tend to hold back.  Maybe it's control or maybe it's fear that keeps me from going "all in".  I don't really know.  But I do know that I want to give Him more.  And the great thing is - He knows that too.

God continues to love me no matter what.  He gently molds me and shapes me to let me know it's okay to give Him more and more of me.  I am safe with Him.  He will not let me down nor will He hurt me.  My goal is to become so completely wrapped up in loving Him that the trials of this world don't really phase me.  Will I get there?  Can't say for sure.  But a goal is a goal - something to strive for.  And I must say - I have the greatest coach!!

No comments: