Sunday, November 3, 2013

Sunday Blogvotional: The Guidance of a Loving Father

If you're like me, you recognize multiple areas within yourself that need improvement.  For an introspective person, it can be a bit overwhelming to discover all the areas which could be improved upon.  But what I think is so wonderful is that even if I never change, I know without a doubt that God loves me.  But it's that very love for me that leads Him to point out my flaws.  No, He's not trying to pick me apart with a fine tooth comb.  And He doesn't do this because I have to reach a certain level to meet His standards.  He does this because He wants the best for me.  He knows the good that I can do.  He knows the good that I can be.  He's simply trying to help me to reach my potential.  That's what a loving father does.

He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion.
Philippians 1:6 

Encouragement for the week:  Pick one of your flaws (yes, we all have them) and thank God for helping you recognize it.  Write down a few ways you can work on it this week.  Ask God for help.  Remember - it's like getting help from your best friend not your worst coachLove makes all the difference!

No comments: