Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Praying For Your Spouse

I think for most of us married folk it's safe to say we love our spouse and want the best for them. But maybe, more often than we'd like to admit, we fail to pray for them on a consistent basis.

For years I was sporadic in praying for my husband. Once I finally found a praying plan that worked for me, I then incorporated praying for my husband into that system.  It's amazing how God works. With consistent prayer I began to see God working in my husband's life. Some things I could notice right away while others took more time.

Prayer is one of those things you have to pay attention to. Otherwise how will you notice when an answer comes your way? Praying consistently will help you be aware and notice the changes God is making through your prayer life.

For a lot of us the problem with praying is not that we don't have a desire to pray. Instead it's that we get overwhelmed and simply don't know where to begin.  Sometimes we just need a little bit of help and encouragement to get us started.  Below are a couple of 30 day prayer guides I created to help get you on your way to being a more consistent prayer warrior for your spouse. 

*30 Days of Prayer for your Wife (Click to get your free printable copy)

*30 Days of Prayer for your Husband (Click to get your free printable copy)

Mark Batterson said in The Circle Maker: "The greatest tragedy in life is the prayers that go unanswered because they go unasked."  We want to bless our spouses. There's no better way to begin doing that than with prayer.   I promise you that over time you WILL see the effects of your prayers on your spouse. Delaying to pray only delays the blessings.  So commit to start the flow of blessings now!

No comments: