Thursday, July 1, 2010

Upcoming and "Just A Thought"

Hi there -

To my friends, family and supporters. I have not updated this blog as often as I'd like but I wanted to let you know that I am working on a series entitled "The Quest For Freedom" (and no - it's not political). I am hoping to have the first article done shortly. I could have thrown something out there on the web but I wanted to take my time and give the series an appropriate effort. The series will deal with the topics of fear, imprisonment, love, faith, trust and, of course, freedom. My hope is always that God will work in me and through me as I continue the journey of "Building My Faith". I hope to be a blessing to you as well.

In the meantime - I thought I'd toss in a new blog segment called "Just A Thought". Here is one I had recently:

I was imagining what it would be like in Heaven when we encountered fellow Christians that we didn't particularly like. It's easy to assume we don't have to worry about seeing our non-Christian enemies in Heaven. We won't have to play nice-nice with them. But what about our Christian brothers and sisters? It's probably safe to say that most of us - if not all of us have had torn relationships with fellow Christians. We may not like them but that doesn't mean they're not going to walk through those pearly gates. How are we going to act when we see them at the big Heavenly Praise Fest? What's our attitude going to be like? Imagine walking along the streets paved with gold when you see him or her down the way talking to others. Will you continue walking filled with love? Or will you say to yourself "Ugh! I do not want to talk to that person." and then turn and walk away (trying to find an alternate route to the Praise Fest). Funny thing is - I get the feeling there isn't room in Heaven for that kind of "attitude." Imagine what Heaven would be like if half of us didn't want to stand next to the other half. It's not really the place written about in the Bible, is it? It's not really "Heaven". I'm thinking I'd better make sure my attitudes down here are good 'cause I'm not sure I'll be able to get through the gates clinging to them.

That's my thought. See you next time!

No comments: