Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I Serve A God Who Wins!

I serve a God who grants victory to those that serve Him.

I serve a God who stuns and shocks His enemy by His power and faithfulness.

I serve a God who helped a boy defeat a giant with the mere slinging of a stone while everyone who was supposed to fight trembled with fear.

I serve a God who tells an army commander that he has too many soldiers and leads him to victory with a mere 300 men.

I serve a God who won a battle of wills against a tyrant Pharaoh and freed his people from bondage. A God who, when the path was blocked and the fate of His people seemed all but doomed, spread the waters before them and gave them a way out - crushing their enemies behind.

I serve a God who won a battle between Gods when He ignited a fire on a thoroughly water soaked altar in front of a shocked and dismayed audience of Baal worshipers and prophets. Arguably not a hard battle to win since the other gods only existed in the hearts and minds of their worshippers.  The point of His own existence and power was made very clear.

I serve a God who won the battle of territory when he made the walls of Jericho simply collapse after His army marched around the city for seven days listening to the taunts of its residents who thought they were safely protected inside their walls.

I serve a God who fights and wins the battles that sin wages against me so that I have the strength and time to serve Him (not hindered by the evil one's distration of the week).

I serve a God who offers victory when defeat looks ready to be handed down. 

I serve a God who has already won the war against the evil one.  The kingdom is His!

I serve a God who wins! (And it feels great to be on the winning team!)

No comments: