Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Introduction

Dear reader: If you are at all like me, you have your very own faith struggles. There are times when I find it hard to keep my faith strong. My spiritual road trips into periods of doubt, loss, abandonment and frustration are none too fun. Satan uses every possible travel agent to convince me to take one of those trips. Sadly, those destinations are filled with hurt and disappointment. They are gloomy and unfulfilling. I must continually remind myself that I have my own Godly agent who wants me to enjoy the splendor of His kingdom - a destination worthy of my undivided attention. He is the only agent that has my best interest at heart. He is the only one who deserves my focus. One of the ways for me to grow in the Lord is through the obvious - studying the Word. What I think is truly remarkable about God's Word is that even though I may have read a passage many times it can still reveal wonderful new tidbits of hope, revelation, and love each time I read it. There are moments when I'm reading the Bible when a vision hits me so strongly. Not an actual vision per se but a visual representation of the words or truth I've just read. Suddenly a light bulb comes on and I have a new understanding. I often like to write down these visuals. I do this mostly because it helps me retain what I've learned. If I don't do this, I will likely forget sooner than later. I don't want to forget. These are gems that God has blessed me with. I have decided to create this blog to record some of these gems as well as Bible studies, prayers and devotional thoughts. Blogging will hopefully give me motivation to keep learning, keep sharing and ultimately - keep "building my faith". If I can help build your faith in the process of building mine, that is all the more rewarding. Please feel free to share your thoughts of inspiration and study ideas. We can build each other’s faith. Thank you and enjoy!

No comments: